If you have a domain name registered through us, but you do not have hosting for it through us, and you need to modify the DNS zone records, we have you covered with these following steps.
- Open your web browser and go to the Host Pond website at https://www.hostpond.com/
- Once there, click the “Account Login” tab.
- Login using the email address that you signed for services with. This is the same email address that you receive monthly invoices at.
- If you do not recall your billing system password, you can use the “Request a Password Reset” link at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Domains”
- Then select “My Domains” from the drop down menu.
- Click the “Manage Domain” button (represented by a wrench) to the right hand side of the domain you wish to have redirected.
Next, you’ll need to click on the DNS Management for this domain name. If you don’t see this menu option shown below, then please either call us at 877-467-8503 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we enable “DNS Management” for this domain name. It is freely offered for all domain names registered through us, but is sometimes not enabled by default to avoid confusion for most hosting customers that do not require it.
Here is where you start adding your zone records for your domain name. Below is an example of the basic DNS settings to direct your domain to a particular IP address, and also to set the default MX (mail delivery) record for your domain name. You’ll of course need to change the input values appropriately. To add more records, you must click the”Save Changes” button.
- STOP. As of 05/26/16 there is an issue with our upstream registrar. Please stop here and instead email us at email@example.com or call us at 877-467-8503 to manually make the following changes for you. We are working on this issue and hope to resolve it presently.
- Click the “Nameservers” tab.
- Choose the “Use custom nameservers (enter below)” option and enter the following:
- Click the “Change Nameservers” button.